Similar to multifocal lenses for younger eyes
Designed for children and adults with high visual demands.
As our children progress through school, they must spend longer periods reading or studying to keep up with school work. Moreover once their necessary school work is finished, children are commonly finding leisure in activities that put further stress on their eyes: watching TV, playing computer or video games, playing on tablets or phones, etc.
Therefore a common problem for children can be stressed or tired eyes from their daily overwhelming visual demands. This can often lead to progressing short-sightedness (myopia).
What are Anti-Fatigue glasses?
The lenses are custom-made and designed to relieve visual stress in the classroom or desk. They provide clear vision in the distance, and progress to a softer prescription for reading to reduce strain and prevent myopia progression.
Call us on 07 3345 3383 or book online today!
Advantages of Anti-fatigue lenses
- Cosmetically pleasing, as lens appears smooth, much like a single vision lens
- Slight magnification at the bottom of the lens allows for easier viewing of reading material
- Reduces visual fatigue and eye strain
- As the prescription difference from top to bottom of the lens is small, there is minimal peripheral distortion
- Suitable for ages 6 to 40
- Can be a stepping stone for early age-related farsightedness to get used to multifocal lenses
- Helps control the rate of prescription increase
- Low risk of losing glasses as you can wear them all day.
Things to be aware of:
- They will take time to get used to, generally 1 week:
- Flat surfaces may appear warped initially
- You must hold your head/eye gaze at the correct height to see clearly
- Slight peripheral distortion, but goes unnoticed for most people
- Does not allow for reading while lying down, due to different focal areas
- Glasses must be adjusted to sit well on your face, otherwise the focal points may be out.
Want extra comfort and protection?
Add on’s include:
- Thin, lightweight plastic lens
- Anti-reflective coatings that are easier to keep clean, improve clarity and reduce reflections from lens surfaces.
- Blue-light negating coatings that provide the ultimate protection for a digital lifestyle.
- Transitions® material which changes tint with changing sunlight levels
Our Glasses Quality Guarantee
Is there anything I should think about when taking my prescription somewhere else to get glasses made?
Absolutely! When we prescribe glasses, we take into account various factors:
Lens Optics & Frame Selection
- We check the fitting of the frame around your nose and ears
- We look for the most suitable frame to give you the optimum optical effect
- All our lenses are specially selected by optometrists to give the best comfort and clarity. Our lens manufacturer has been creating optical lenses since 1849.
- The lenses are made using cutting-edge technology to provide sharp vision, comfort and effortless adaptation.
- Lenses are made from superior material, just like the lenses of a professional photographer’s camera.
- The lenses also come with superior lens coatings.
Other stores may use generic brand lenses to reduce the cost, whereas we choose experienced manufacturers to provide you with the best optical care. Our standard level lenses may well be the premium products other places offer. Even though the number in the prescription is the same, the design and optical quality of the lenses will still be different.
Extensive quality control measures
Our many stages of quality control stations mean that you can be rest assured to collect your glasses trouble-free. We actively prevent problems instead of letting our patients tell us about them. Therefore, we subject every glasses job to the following quality measures:
- Detailed and optimised measurement of the pupil distances and optical height measurements for your specific needs.
- Two-person check of the order before sending it out to the lab
- When the glasses come back, it has to pass our two quality control stations before it reaches you.
- Accurate prescription and optical measurements
- Lenses are scratch-free
- Coating quality
- Frame quality
- Nosepads and temples pre-adjusted for optimal fit
- Lens screws lacquered tight
- Because all of the above can make a huge difference in visual clarity and comfort, if there are any faults found during quality control, we will reject the job and request a remake.
It is not guaranteed other stores will take these steps to look after each glasses job.
We know that frames can become loose over time, or need tweaking to get back into shape! We provide unlimited adjustments on our frames, and free nose-pad replacements.
When it comes to our glasses, we can be proud to say that we have extremely low remake rates and easy adaptation.
Grace & Vision Optometry accepts all major health funds
Use your optical health funds benefits on a new pair of prescription glasses or sunglasses.
... and many more. Feel free to contact us if you don't see your health fund.