Multifocal (Progressive) Lenses
Clarity at every distance
Multifocal lenses are designed to provide clear vision at multiple distances, accommodating for the natural loss of near vision that often occurs with age (called Presbyopia).
Multiple focal points allow users to see clearly at different distances without constantly switching between multiple pairs of glasses. The main features of multifocal lenses include a gradual transition between distance, intermediate, and near vision zones, enabling seamless visual transitions.
Discover how these lenses work and if they may be the right choice for you.
Lens prescription slowly changes from distance to near.
Advantages of Multifocal Lenses
- Currently best solution to replicate human vision (to change from distance to reading)
- 1 pair of glasses for all tasks
- 3 main focal points for distance, intermediate (e.g. computer) and near, so can see all distances clearly
- Great for general purpose glasses
- Helps control the prescription increase rate
- Low risk of losing glasses as you can wear them all day
- Cosmetically pleasing, as lens appears smooth, much like a single vision lens.
Who is suitable?
A general-purpose option for those aged >40 years old.
Things you need to know
- Flat surfaces may appear curved initially
- Your head/eye gaze should be held at the correct height to see clearly
- Peripheral distortion causes blurry vision on the sides. You will need to position your head straight on for maximum clarity
- This can be minimised with higher quality lens designs (contact us for more details)
- Not ideal for prolonged periods of time at the computer as the intermediate area is relatively small.
- It is not advisable to read or watch TV lying down, due to the different focal areas.
Multifocal lenses: Experience clarity at every distance
Discover the #1 Progressive lens brand in the world: Varilux X Series
5 reasons to choose Varilux X Design progressive lenses
Clear vision at any distance
Near or far, the Varilux range gives you clear vision whatever the distance.
Comfort for any task
Whether driving, reading the news paper using a smartphone, tablet or screen or at work on a computer there’s a Varilux lens to make your vision tasks more comfortable.
High resolution vision in any light
Lets you enjoy greater contrast and sharpness. Essilor lens technology is constantly evolving, high resolution vision is the result.
Dynamic vision and stability in motion
Great for staying active, the Varilux range is renowned for stable vision whether you’re moving or the world is moving past you. Lenses can be tailored to your visual behaviour.
Quick easy to use
All Varilux lenses are tested and approved by wearers to ensure your satisfaction, including that they are easy to use from the minute you put them on.
Talk to our friendly staff about choosing Varilux X Design progressive lenses for your next pair of glasses!
Call us on 07 3345 3383 or book online today!
For tailored advice on available options
Don’t forget to ask us about our current glasses promotions and specials!
Our Glasses Quality Guarantee
Is there anything I should think about when taking my prescription somewhere else to get glasses made?
Absolutely! When we prescribe glasses, we take into account various factors:
Lens Optics & Frame Selection
- We check the fitting of the frame around your nose and ears
- We look for the most suitable frame to give you the optimum optical effect
- All our lenses are specially selected by optometrists to give the best comfort and clarity. Our lens manufacturer has been creating optical lenses since 1849.
- The lenses are made using cutting-edge technology to provide sharp vision, comfort and effortless adaptation.
- Lenses are made from superior material, just like the lenses of a professional photographer’s camera.
- The lenses also come with superior lens coatings.
Other stores may use generic brand lenses to reduce the cost, whereas we choose experienced manufacturers to provide you with the best optical care. Our standard level lenses may well be the premium products other places offer. Even though the number in the prescription is the same, the design and optical quality of the lenses will still be different.
Extensive quality control measures
Our many stages of quality control stations mean that you can be rest assured to collect your glasses trouble-free. We actively prevent problems instead of letting our patients tell us about them. Therefore, we subject every glasses job to the following quality measures:
- Detailed and optimised measurement of the pupil distances and optical height measurements for your specific needs.
- Two-person check of the order before sending it out to the lab
- When the glasses come back, it has to pass our two quality control stations before it reaches you.
- Accurate prescription and optical measurements
- Lenses are scratch-free
- Coating quality
- Frame quality
- Nosepads and temples pre-adjusted for optimal fit
- Lens screws lacquered tight
- Because all of the above can make a huge difference in visual clarity and comfort, if there are any faults found during quality control, we will reject the job and request a remake.
It is not guaranteed other stores will take these steps to look after each glasses job.
We know that frames can become loose over time, or need tweaking to get back into shape! We provide unlimited adjustments on our frames, and free nose-pad replacements.
When it comes to our glasses, we can be proud to say that we have extremely low remake rates and easy adaptation.
Grace & Vision Optometry accepts all major health funds
Use your optical health funds benefits on a new pair of prescription glasses or sunglasses.
... and many more. Feel free to contact us if you don't see your health fund.