Dry Eye Assessment
Dry, irritated and watery eyes are the most common eye complaint. We are equipped with the latest technology in long-term dry eye treatment to improve the comfort of your eyes.
What Are Tears?
- One of the body’s natural defence mechanisms.
- Carry essential vitamins and nutrients across the surface of the eye.
- Act as a shield against damaging factors such as wind, heat, smog or foreign particles.
- They are produced by the lacrimal glands in the eye and secreted to coat, protect and nourish the surface of your eye.
- Normally, every time you blink, you add another protective coating of tears over the eyes whilst flushing out old tears.
Signs Of Dry Eyes
- Burning sensation in eyes
- Heavy/tired eyes
- Light sensitivity
- Painful or sore eyes
- Blurred vision
- Sensitive to windy or dry conditions
- Watery eyes
Factors That Increase Your Risk
- Contact lens wear
- Eye infections
- Aging (increasingly common after age 50)
- Asian ethnicity
- Frequent flying
- Dry or windy environments
- Preservatives contained in eye drops
- Prolonged computer/tablet use
- Health conditions (diabetes, thyroid-related diseases, lupus, theumatoid arthritis, and Sjogren’s syndrome)
- Medications (such as those for arthritis, birth control, acne, colds, and allergies)
Call us on 07 3345 3383 or book online today!
Your Dry Eye Assessment journey:
1. Initial comprehensive eye examination:
The optometrist will check the health of your eyes and perform screening tests for dry eye.
2. Detailed dry eye assessment involving:
a) A detailed assessment of your corneal health, lashes and tear production.
b) Oculus Keratograph 5 (K5) to assess
- Quantity of tears
- Quality of tears
- Tear evaporation rate
- Integrity of Meibomian Glands with infra-red illumination
c) Photography of the quality of oil produced by your Meibomian glands.
3. Formulation of a treatment plan:
We will work with you to determine the most suitable treatment for your symptoms. For more information on the different types of dry eye treatment available, click here.
Reduce your Dry Eye irritation and frustration.
Talk to us about finding a dry eye solution by booking an appointment to with one of our optometrist who can then best prescribe a dry eye solution tailored for you.
Grace & Vision Optometry accepts all major health funds
Use your optical health funds benefits on a new pair of prescription glasses or sunglasses.
... and many more. Feel free to contact us if you don't see your health fund.